Rental Assistance Program for Solano County Residents
- If you owe or request $5,000.00, this is not the program for you.
- Families with dependent children UNDER the age of 18 and living in the household.
- Permanently disabled individuals (18 years and older) and receiving SSDI/SSI or medically verified.
- Older individuals, age 55 and older
- Former Foster Youth, ages 18-24
- Survivors of intimate partner violence and violent crimes (occurrence within the last year).
- Pregnant individuals in their 2nd or 3rd trimester
HOUSING ASSISTANCE (HA)
- Security Deposit for permanent housing
- Delinquent/future rent or mortgage – one month ONLY
- The Season of Sharing Fund is to be used for non-recurring single crisis. Season of Sharing Fund cannot assist when it is clear a client’s situation has been or will be ongoing or if that situation cannot be resolved with one-time assistance.
- The Season of Sharing Fund should be used as a last resort. Other available resources must be used to first address the need to the maximum extent possible, including support from family, friends and/or other organizations. Assistance can be coupled with other resources including what the applicant can pay, in order to cover the full cost of an item or housing expense.
- The use of Season of Sharing Fund must resolve the immediate problem and help the family or individual regain long-term self-sufficiency.
The Season of Sharing Fund does NOT provide
- Rooms or subleases
- Education tuition or school supplies
- Clothing (uniform for job is OK)
- Property taxes
- Home modifications or repairs
- Homeowner Association Fees
- Home maintenance or late fees
- Phone bills
- Appliances such as washers and dryers
- Movers or moving trucks
- Hotel/Motel bills
- Funeral expenses
- Airline tickets or travel expenses
- Repayment of payday loans or personal loans to friends or relatives
- Court costs or legal fees
- Routine medications or doctor visits
- Parking tickets, speeding tickets, impound or towing costs
- Basic car maintenance (smog, oil changes, tires, maintenance)
- Down payments or deposits on automobiles
- Legal fees
- Gambling losses
- Veterinary bills (service dogs)
- Garnishments / Tax levies
Due to high volume of applications and phone calls, all Season of Sharing calls will be answered only on Tuesday thru Friday at SOS Hotline 707-558-5052 . Please do not call 707-745-0900 as they do not have access to Season of Sharing applications.