Rental Assistance Program Updates for Solano County Residents Impacted by COVID-19
The Season of Sharing is providing additional funds to Solano County residents impacted by Covid-19 with rent, or mortgage payments. This program is part of our efforts to prevent homelessness. Funding is for rent or mortgage expenses only.
Applicants affected by COVID-19 should note the following changes:
- Rent or mortgage does not have to be delinquent. We can assist with these expenses for those who are forecasting a hardship with their rent or mortgage expenses.
- Requirement to verify their source of income to prove sustainability after receiving the grant can be waved. This service may now be available to applicants who lost their job due to COVID-19.
This one-time emergency fund is provided via the San Francisco Chronicle in an effort to assist families insecure of housing. To further assist those impacted we are temporarily expanding this grant until December 31,2022.
If you are applying for assistance for reasons other than the pandemic please note our regular guidelines will apply to your case. We can assist with delinquent rent or mortgage payments as well as costs related to a move.
Applicants must be current Solano County residents (minimum 3 months) in one of the following categories:
- Families with dependent children (age 18 and under) living in the home
- Permanently disaabled individuals (18 years & older and receiving SSDI/SS or medically verified
- Older individuals, age 55 and older
- Former foster youth, ages 18- 24
- Survivors of intimate partner violence and violent crimes (occurrence within the last 6 months)
- Pregnant individuals in their 2nd trimester or later
Documentation will be required to confirm each household’s eligibility status.
Simply meeting these criteria DOES NOT entitle or guarantee a household assistance.
Assistance is based on merit and greatest need of applicants.
ZERO INCOME APPLICATIONS WILL NOT BE PROCESSED.
APPLICATIONS MUST BE FILLED OUT COMPLETELY.
- Assistance may be received once every 5 years if required. Applications are screened for prior funding.
- The program operates year-round. Eligible applicants can apply anytime during the year.
- SOS is crisis-based and not an entitlement program. Funding is not guaranteed.
- Requests for assistance must be supported by a valid and documented housing crisis.
- Proof of ALL income and ability to meet monthly financial obligations on an ongoing basis is required. Priority is given to low-income households.
HOUSING ASSISTANCE (HA)
- Security deposit for permanent housing.
- Delinquent rent or mortgage.
- The Season of Sharing Fund is to be used for non-recurring single crisis. Season of Sharing Fund cannon assist when it is clear that a client’s situation has been or will be ongoing or if that siuation cannot be resolved with one-time assistance.
- The Season of Sharing Fund should be used as a last resort. Other available resources must be used to first address the need to the maximum extent possible, including support from family, friends and/or other organizations. Assistance can be coupled with other resources including what the applicant can pay, in order to cover the full cost of an item or housing expense.
- The use of Season of Sharing Fund must resolve the immediate problem and help the family or individual regain long-term self-sufficiency.
The Season of Sharing Fund does NOT provide assistance for:
- Education tuition or school supplies
- Clothing (uniform for job is OK)
- Property taxes
- Home modifications or repairs
- Homeowner Association Fees
- Home maintenance or late fees
- Phone bills
- Appliances such as washers and dryers
- Movers or moving trucks
- Hotel/Motel bills
- Funeral expenses
- Airline tickets or travel expenses
- Repayment of payday loans or personal loans to friends or relatives
- Court costs or legal fees
- Routine medications or doctor visits
- Parking tickets, speeding tickets, impound or towing costs
- Basic car maintenance( smog, oil changes, tires, maintenance)
- Down payments or deposits on automobiles
- Legal fees
- Gambling losses
- Veterinary bills (service dogs)
- Garnishments / Tax levies
- Self-made situations (birthday parties, loss of money, robbery- no police report)
- Vacation or Christmas presents
APPLICATION FOR RENTAL ASSISTANCE
(Right click and select “Save Link As” to save file to your Desktop)
(The application will load after clicking the above link)
After completion of the application, save and attach along with supporting documents to SOSBcac@gmail.com